1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me troubleshoot

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by padec21, Jan 4, 2010.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

Had a problem with my MM1 SEHP that just started today. it goes up and down fine. Angles right fine. Angles left only about half way. Nothing appears to be in the way and it doesnt appear to be hitting anything. it just wont go left all the way.
    I changed fluid this fall and followed directions. (it was my first time changing the fluid). Dealer said use 1 3/4 ounces of the fluid they gave me. I drained out about 1 ounce so thats what I put back in.
    Could it be I dont have enough fluid in system? I didnt drain angle pistons just the resovoir. Please help as I dont want to do any damage if Im not running enough fluid.
    How do I know if I have enough. directions said take out overfill screw and add fluid until it pours out of hole. I dont have this overfill screw or it's not in the same spot as directions claim.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I am sure you mean Quarts and not Ounce..There is a plu on the front of the unit which is the level..(some don't have the plug, mine doesn't).. You can always take the motor plate off to fill the fluid.. (I know that sounds like a pain but filling it through the fill hole is more of a PITA.. Does your plow angle when it is down? or does it only happen when up? It does sound like something is binding ..That is not a normal problem. Maybe check to see if you can colapse the opposite piston all the way..
  3. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

ok I took a closer look. cleaned the snow out of the lower section and noticed the excess chain had slipped through and was in fact binding. I had the hardest time getting it out. not sure how it slipped in there. I hung excess chain up on the little hook on the driveway side. Yes I did mean quarts. Mine doesnt have the level plug but I added some just in case. Everything is working fine again.