1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me price this lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pickupman96, Sep 14, 2012.

1. pickupman96

pickupman96 Junior Member

I got a call to bid on the 2 biggest lots i have ever had the chance to bid. Now I know all my costs ext, im just looking to see how long everyone thinks it will take to plow and how much salt i will use. This lot has a zero tolerance, you can only use magic salt and ALL the snow has to be piled in the rear(the longest area of spaces). A machine also has to be kept here all season. Here is the site

I came up with 13k for the season, 1.5-2 hours to do and 1.5-2 yds of salt. Its also 2.33 acres of paved area.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Better bump up you time if you have to put it in only one spot.A lot of wasted time.How many 1-3 inch snows you get in a season and how many under an inch snows do you get?
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

whats your average snowfall amount? how many times do you go out in a season? what equipment will you be using? is it a open 24 hour site?
  4. pickupman96

pickupman96 Junior Member

I would say we get 30-40 inches average. Last year we only plowed 4 times, year before that we plowed 15 with 80+ inches. Its not open 24 just has to be done by 6:45 AM. I wil be using a 9ft v-plow on a f-350 and a machine with 8 or 10 ft pusher.