1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me please!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rpsklein, Dec 7, 2011.

1. rpsklein

rpsklein Junior Member

I have a 2008 Dodge 1500 pick up. I have a 7.5" Minute Mount 2 snow plow. I have the wires all hooked up, the plow will move up and down, but when I move the joystick to the left, the plow wants to rise; when I move the joystick to the right, the plow moves a little, but acts like something is stopping it. The plow itself has been hooked to my friend's truck and the plow itself works fine, moves right and left and up and down. When we took the joystick off my friend's truck and put it on my truck, the plow still won't work right. So, we know the joystick isn't the problem. We know the plow is not the problem...I installed a new motor relay and that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Leon

2. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just temporary run a ground wire from truck frame to the pump casing see if anything goes

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wiring somewhere...did u try your truck with your buddies plow? If it does the same thing, need to start cking wires. Poss. Start with you ground.

4. rpsklein

rpsklein Junior Member

I tried my friend's truck -- the plow works perfectly on his truck. My truck does the same thing with his plow on my truck. Obviously, something is wrong on my truck. Is it possible it is the 3 port module is faulty? Or do you think it is "just" a wire connection? I am going crazy here trying to get this to work.

5. dieselss

Could be both. Try his module on your truck, if its not fixed you wiring issues. If it is, module is bad. Try the temp gnd as mentioned above.

6. rpsklein

rpsklein Junior Member

Thank you so much; first thing tomorrow I will try what you suggest and let you know how it works out. This is a great site and I really appreciate you taking the time to advise me! Leon

7. rpsklein

rpsklein Junior Member

Help me please re: fisher plow goes up and down and won't angle left or right

Thanks for your great advice. I went out today and found the wires that needed to be fixed: It was the three wires, on the control harness, on the truck side. The green wire was broken. It must have worn out/broken from plugging it in and out. Once I fixed that, the plow works perfectly. I can't thank you enough! Leon

8. rpsklein

rpsklein Junior Member

Thanks for your great advice. I went out today and found the wires that needed to be fixed: It was the three wires, on the control harness, on the truck side. The green wire was broken. It must have worn out/broken from plugging it in and out. Once I fixed that, the plow works perfectly. I can't thank you enough! Leon

9. dieselss

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it was an easy fix and not a pricey one.