1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me please no reverse in my international 2500a

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by what I thinking, Nov 11, 2008.

1. what I thinking

what I thinking Junior Member
    from Maine

I just bought a 2500a diesel I don't know much about tractors, it has loader and backhoe, but it doesn't have reverse. I pulled the seat and all the sheet metal out and found that there is a broken shaft that leads into the transmission from the hi/lo reverse linkage. Has anyone ever had this? Can I fix it from the inspection cover of the transmission or will I need to split the machine? Is there most likely a bigger problem inside the transmission? I ordered a repair manual, but I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what I have for a problem. I paid 3500 for the machine it's a '78 did I screw myself?

2. what I thinking

from Maine

Fyi

Hey guys for anyone that has read this post and wished for a follow up, I'm still working on the tractor, I got the inspection cover off and found that the shift assemble had a broken piece that goes into the trans. I found a guy that had new one on the shelf for 68 bucks, I'm hoping this will fix the problem, I'm waiting for it now hope it will be here by Monday will keep you up to date. :redbounce

3. what I thinking

from Maine

fixed it!

Okay guys just wanted you to know, that it's fixed 68 dollar part! and a couple hours of work. xysport