1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Me Pick

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sticks, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

TRUCK #1 --- RED---

1992 ford f350 4x4 7.3 diesel 5 speed flatbed dually runs great 4 wheels of brakes and 4 ball joints changed in last six months ,2 new batteries rebuilt starter 6 tires have less than 3000km on them. new parking brake cables.ball for goose neck trailer built into deck. great plow or sander truck . cab is rusty but no holes that will not pass saftey

TRUCK #2----- WHITE----

Two new Eliminator batteries
    New muffler
    new tension pulley
    new steering arm

7.3 International Diesel with 215 540 km's
    13'x7.5' bed with shovel, tool rack,
    removable sides
    3 heavy duty straps with ratchet on tracks to move along whole side.
    dual fuel tanks
    Towing package minus ball.
    Annual safety and etest done in May.

THANKS GUYS :waving:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

go with the red one its 4x4

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Ya I'm no Ford guy but I like the red one some new paint and it will probably look new.
  4. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

If it were me I would go with the red one.
  5. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Red ---- 4x4
  6. Kunker

Kunker Member

Do you need the 13' bed? If not, I'll join the masses and say the red one.
  7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I'd say the red one.

You say the cab is rusty but no holes, is it just surface rust?
  8. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Why doesn't anyone think that a 2wd can plow/sand....Has anyone even plowed in 2wd....I had a 94' F-450 flatbed with a 9' blade & had no problem...only had 1,500 lbs of cobblestones for ballast it was a friggin tank, I couldnt even imagine with a full 3-4yd sander the thing would be unstoppable......I love these friggin guys that say you need 4x4 to plow a damn parkin lot, are there many hills in parkin lots that you do....NO....Anyone can plow in 4x4 it takes a good operator that has the feel of the truck underneath him & not just a PARKIN LOT COWBOY
  9. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

White truck pretty long for a manuverable plow truck unless used on large lots. My ext. cab dually 8' flatbed is too long and too wide for my liking.
  10. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

You are making a lot of assumptions. It varies by region. Maybe with the conditions you encounter 2wd is enough. However the OP is from Ontario and just like here, 4x4 is a must in order to deal with our weather and terrain. I would love to see your "2wd operator skills" in action in this area. It would be entertaining.
  11. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

All things aside, I like that F-350. Four Wheel Drive can come in handy. Just my opinion. Chris
  12. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

id take the red one
    the f350 has dana 60 straight axle up front im pretty sure
    manual trans hold up good for plowing
  13. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I agree that you could plow with a 2wd truck. Lots of people do it, but maybe hes driving all over the place and going up and down steep hills. For that I would want 4x4, if the truck was dedicated to a parking lot or staying in a region where its all paved and flat then I would go with that truck too. Its all about what your going to to with the truck and what you are going to use the truck for in the summer?
  14. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

No hills around here.... unless you consider speed bumps lol
    The truck will pull trailers in the summer and sit.

90% of the time it will be on a nice level parking lot or paved road.... I think the weight of the salter should give me fairly good traction.

as for snow amounts.... we ( I ) haven't even touched rubber to the pavement yet.

I am partial to the white 4x2, its cleaner looking.... but i think if i was to get that red truck, and clean it up and take the running boards off it might look a little meaner.

is there a suspension change between the two of them?

Maybe its just the way the pic is taken of the white one.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  15. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Red one for sure. clean it up a little bit and it will be a beast.
  16. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

Go for the red!
  17. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i would take the red one the 5 spd will be less headach when your pulling in the summer. i have a similar truck to the red one and with a full load of a sand its ok on flat ground but i need 4 wheel drive on anything with a decent grade.
  18. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

get the green one....
  19. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

yeah the white ones a "450" of its day
  20. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario