1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help me pick my lighting for my 2001 3500hd

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dlcs, Aug 31, 2011.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Ok i got my new 2011 3500hd and now the dilema of what type of lighting to use. Strobes, led's, light bar or hideaways. I really would like to do hideaways but not sure where to put them or what to use. Also are hideawasy enough or do I need a rood light too?
  2. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

It depends on your intentions with the truck. I have both, the hideaways typically only get turned on when I am sitting on the side of the road doing something, i.e. loading and unloading equipment on a trailer. I use my lights year round on my truck.
  3. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Heres a good website...we but stuff from them for the Fire Department also!!

A new light out of Whelen that I'm really impressed with.

Here is a lightbar that I'm looking at...

I'm working on ideas for my 2010 Toyota Tundra...need to put some lights on it.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would do a led mini bar on the roof, or dump body. (doesn't say which style 1 ton you have.) Then I would do some LAWs (led hide a ways) or HAWs. (strobe hide a ways) I'd do the fronts in the blinkers. then in the rear in the amber turn signal in the tail lights if its a regualr pick up. Otherwise if you have a dump I'd do leds in the rear. Maybe a fed sig or SOS (sound off signal) 6 1/2 inch oval leds in the rear on the side or under the dump body.