1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help me pick my boss v-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Sep 8, 2007.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

Hey i am going to get a boss v-plow for my truck and wanted your guys opinion on what one i should get.

I have:
    2002 ford F-250 PSD
    crew cab
    6000# factory front springs

What i plow:
    a few driveways
    parking lots 1-4 ackers
    some private roads-pending-

so... do i get a 8'2 or a 9'2?, poly or steel?

also i have an s-10 with a plow that does a lot of the drive ways and i am going to outfit my gmc with a plow too.

Thanks guys

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Dont they only make one?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmmm,Let me think.:D

donnas pixs 12-4-06 176 (Small) (3).jpg

4. c.t. lawn care

is that an 8'2 or is that a 9'1 that is kind of what i am asking. I know that the 8'2 will work for the truck but i dont know if i should get the plow wings or just get the 9'2

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your doing commercial or the private roads than go 9.2,but if your doing drives go 8.2 because you have people parking in the drives and it get tight.Mines the 8.2 and I only do commercial.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have a 8.2 Vee on a 2500 Dodge hd .
    I wish I got the 9.2;)
    So, I got the Boss wings now it is 10.3:D

The money goes to the 9.2, Keep leaning towards lots and you will be fine.

7. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I would go with the 9.2, we have one on our 03 F350 and a 10' on our 05 F450, anything smaller on a 3/4 ton and up in a vee is too small, but then it all depends on the accounts you are doing. We run both steel vees.

8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Call complete hydralics in franklin In and get the 9.2 V-XT ,you look at it and youll have to have one.

Just went there yesterday,if I can come up with the cash Im gonna get one and my buddy that went with me liked it so much he's gonna get one to.

9. c.t. lawn care

do you know how much they wanted for one? I bought a 32 serise snow-way there two years ago and all then had were snoway and blizzard

10. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Yeah they have boss,blizzard,and sno-way

I talked to a guy on the phone the other day and he said $5,050 installed free till the end of september.The guy we talked to saturday said $5,300

Im going to call them tomorrow to double check,Either way im gonna buy one if I can come up with the cash.I may just install it myself if they are not going to do the free install.

They had an 8.2 V-XT we looked at,they said they can get the 9.2 in about 3 days if we wanted them.

They had alot of plows in stock.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  11. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I have 1 Boss 9'2" poly V and 2 Boss 8'2" steel V's. I would go with the 9'2' poly V in my opinion. I really like mine. If you are worried about the weight, some simple midification with timbrens, springs, airbags, etc. will do it. I put my 9'2" on an 87 Chevy 3/4 ton. I put 3 leaf springs on the front to help with the plow weight. It is a really nice plow. It is 5-6 years old and the only thing that ever breaks down is the pickup. I do have to check the pivot pin this fall before we start to plow. The poly is really nice for maintenance. Just power wash and put away. Good Luck

12. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

just an update,called the guy back at complete hydralics and he said that they are $5,050 installed till the end of the month 9.2 V-XT.

13. c.t. lawn care

ok thanks STANGMAN35. I am going to put it on myself so i hope that it will be the same price. Did that price include smartlock cylenders?

As far as the weight, i am not concerned about that. I just had the front springs upgraded to the heaviest duty spring that ford has. the standard "x" spring or whatever is a 4500# spring and they ordered me a 6000# spring to replace it. So i think i am good... Thanks guys

14. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

yeah he said 5050 installed or carryout same price

I dont know if it comes with smartlocks,prolly not

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

so what is the XT model? newer than the non xt model :p

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

anyone know how much the Boss HID light option is too? I never see it listed.

17. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

heres a pic of it

Boss V-XT.jpeg