1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me pick a spreader!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by B.Bells, Oct 11, 2009.

1. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

Wanting to put a small receiver hitch salter on one of my trucks any ideas on this? I run all myer plows, so would like to keep everything yellow! lol i dont want anything to big, i do a lot of small tight packed places, and on that same note i have some bigger hauls, but mainly small tight places. so keep that in mind. Thanks.:help:
  2. Freedom Dave

Freedom Dave Member

all depends on what you want to use, I have the air flow salter that goes in the hitch, its amazing and uses bulk salt and about 300 to 400 pounds which does about 2/3 of a parking lot for me.
    I had the western (same as fisher if you like yellow) 1000 tail gate salter but the problem was it only used bagged salt and was a pain in the ass
  3. Greenway

Greenway Junior Member

snow ex

we have a 7500 snow ex 1 1/2 ton spreader that works great for a 6 ft pick up truck it has a 5 ft auger in the center of it and its electric, fill it up and sit back in your truck and stay warm no need to be getting out refilling it with bags all night long, its great for small tight places and the amount and spread is all adjustable

Trynex / Snow EX 7500 series
  4. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I have a SnowEx Sand Pro 1875 with the swing out mount on the Dodge. The thing works like a champ. I go to a local pit and buy bulk sand/salt mix and it throws the mixture with no problem even when it's wet.

EDIT: Here are a couple pics.....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Keeping it yellow

Great pic of the snowex 1875. That is a great spreader. I run three of the 1875's as well. If you are looking for something a little smaller snowex offers a 1575 that is just a bit smaller than the 1875 but is easy on/off application for a one person operation. They also have a 575 spreader that is very easy to install and very user friendly.

I use several of snowex's products and all I have to say is it WORKS!