1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me pick a plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Mike Brez, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Mike Brez

Mike Brez Junior Member
    from Ct.

The truck....2002 Ford F250 7.3 diesel,crewcab,short bed,single rear wheel,auto,3.73 gears. Truck has a 4inch lift w/35inch tires.

The job....Used only for my business. Has a real steep driveway about 20ft wide by 400ft long. The lot has three sections with a few tight areas. Section one and two are 250ft x 75ft and the third section is 400ft x 400 with tight spots and a few tricky areas.

I have been doing this for the past 10 years with a 2001 stock Jeep Wrangler with a 5speed trans.with a Blizzard 680 plow.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss v plow. Lock this thread!;)

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

fisher but the boss plows are growing on me

4. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

I've been real happy with my Fisher. Think I would get the Extreme V for my next truck.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher extreme vee. Nuff said.

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

The brand doesn't matter. Look at it all the options very closely and figure out which one matches these characteristics best; SIMPLE, SOLID.
    Do not go for fancy. Do not go for pimped out. The more "features", the more features there are to break.

Think along the lines of bulldozers and battering rams.