1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me pick a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Landscaper 70, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Landscaper 70

Landscaper 70 Junior Member

We just bought a f-650 and cant decide which plow to buy. V or straight or Western V or Boss V? The western v is about $1200 cheaper than the boss. If any body can help please let know.
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Do a search there is a ton of info on straight vs V.
  3. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

ok, im not a dealer and your not a competitor of mine so i would say if you like plowing snow, go with the western straight blade, you will spend a lot of time in each lot and thats what you said you like to do. if on the other hand you like making money (getting more done in the same amount of time) you cant overlook the bigger blizzard plow, the 8611, you've still got a straight plow for tight areas or back dragging and when you go with the wings out and forward, i would say you could carry twice as much snow as a boss v. just my 2 cents worth from a guy that owns two blizzards and two westerns.
  4. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

plow decision???

I can echo parrotheads reply, If you have a heavy enough truck , which you do, then go with a Blizzard with the power wings, I had one for the last 4 years and I really liked its versatility. It is the answer to all questions about which blade to get straight vs V. they have changed some of the design for the better and you should be able to get one mounted for around $4500-$4900. I just sold my 4 year old Blizzard to my truck dealer when I traded pickups.and I got half of what I paid for it back . They will hold their value . food for thought , good luck Jack in WI
  5. Snowny

Snowny Junior Member

Same here, I own a 810 tough, but I just love it.
  6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

blizzard 8611, enough said:D
  7. Allsnow

Allsnow Junior Member

Now that I have a Blizzard 810,I would put Blizzard at the top of the list.They out perform my V plows with ease.