1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help me out on bid plz !!!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by doo-man, Oct 13, 2009.

1. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Okay I know I know I have used the search function but want to ask you guys what ya think about my numbers... I have been asked to bid a fairly good size lot 71,000sqft for plowing and salting. I am running a 8ft straight blade, and tailgate spreader(I know lots o bags!!!!) Anywho I figured just from reading other peoples post (using the search function) that this lot should take atleast a couple hours. What do you guys think? I also figured approx 1200#'s of salt. I think my numbers are close but just want some input.

The attached pic is of the building and lot, the field areas to the East and South are open to push and stack snow all the way to wood line.

I do have access to additional trucks with both straight and V-blades, Also have a contractor with loader/pusher and Large blowers if required.

Thanks for the help.....

cinema.jpg

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I do have access to additional trucks with both straight and V-blades, Also have a contractor with loader/pusher and Large blowers if required.

[/QUOTE]

Required

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I know from last year and previous years that they have been able to do it with 2 trucks as there is a lot of room to dispose of snow!!!!

4. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

i'd say 2 hours with 2 trucks

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well your salt approx is maybe a little low. That number would probably be the very least you would want to use. I usually figure around #800 per acre on the average. I would say around 3-5 truck hours would be pretty safe to figure. Looks like the back part may take a while to do with backdragging and such. Don't know prices for your area.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's about 1.6 acres, so your salt number is about right. There shouldn't be more than two hours of plowing there for say 4 inches of snow with the right truck. Wings on your 8 footer would be a huge help. It's a big lot for your current truck.

7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well I dropped off the bid today so well see what the out come is!!!!

8. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

4hrs with a 8ft straight is what i'd figure....