1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me not make the wife mad..LOL

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by amberslawncare, Nov 25, 2008.

1. amberslawncare

amberslawncare Junior Member

O.k been kind of a stalker of the site for a while. Here is my problem, I have been doing this for 2 years now. This year i have a brother-in-law with plow truck and cousin with plow truck working with me. I also have 2 of my best freinds helping me. I am getting married on the 29th of november. They are predicting snow no less then 4 inches. meaning all of my accounts are due. but my brother-in-law cousin and 2 freinds that help are all standing up in my wedding. boy i didnt plan this out right..LOL so now if it does snow how do i break it to my wife and soon to be in-laws that i have to go and make some money?

So put the wedding on hold?or hire sub's incase it snows? never hired a sub before, do i call them and say hey if it snows i want you to work for me?

What would you guys do any one ever have something like this happen? I have talked with some of my accounts, most of the rezzies and they all understand and are willing to wait oin there drives and walks but business's i havent approached them yet and dont think i amgoing to what did i get into here..
    Any pointers would help.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

With that many guys you must have quite a bit of work. How would you cover that off with subs? It would be hard to find 5 subs this late in the game. How can you cancel the wedding? You must have a lot of things in place that can't be changed. I'm not sure how I would handle you situation.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

With all that equipment, you must have employees.

Can't all of your guys handle a four inch storm?...

Or do you half to be there?

The way I look at it is that a snow removal contractor should not plan on getting married during the snow season, and that It only snows so much during a season, so unless your seasonal, go plow and make some money....gotta pay of that wedding right?..hold the wedding off for a few days.
  4. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

ya go get married say i do than get out in your truck and plow. if she REALLY loves you she'll go along.
  5. BGehl

BGehl Member

In the end, it just snow and its just money. Family and marriage is way more important. . . .

This is what i would do. The wedding is on, have everyone come to the ceremony, it should take an hour or less. Then if it is really coming down, have some or all the guys skip the party. If the weather guys are wrong, then everyone can stay.

It may even be worth calling some of your accounts and explaining the situation. Some may take pity on you and say that they could go a couple hours without service. Then after the party, have the guys take care of it. (you stay with your wife.;))

And definitely use your plow truck instead of a limo. In a few years you will love the irony of it all. The pic's of you and your bride all dressed up in a plow truck will be worth it.
  6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

Tell her you have a few stops to make on your way to the reception. You guys can do wedding photos with and in all of your trucks haha.

Serious note though, you better start calling today and see if you can get any of your friends friends to step in or a business aquataince that could help out.
  7. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Congratulations on your Marriage.
    Best wishes to You and Your Wife may life bring you Joy for all the Days to come
  8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Where in WI are you? The forecasts that I saw show maybe flurries. Hopefully, that is true and it won't have an effect on your wedding.By the way, why would you get married during deer hunting season?:)
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I got married on December 11th and it snowed a couple of inches that evening. I took off for my honeymoon, anyone at the wedding involved in my business went to work at 2 AM, Dont sweat it.
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I don't see the problem. Plowing usually occurs between midnight and 7AM. Get married, go to reception, go to work. Try not to drive drunk.
  11. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

What ever u do.....!!!!DONT DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE!!!!.....That would make 4 a really bad strt to a marriage night.

12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah cause you might become somebody elses bride in the slammer!
  13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i think an october wedding would have been a better choice...:D
  14. Turkey

Turkey Member

Ambers - I'm not seeing the snow in the area for Saturday either. Where are you looking?
  15. amberslawncare

amberslawncare Junior Member

They are calling for a chance on thursday night, then weather channel has it all weekend. As for the wedding on deerhunting weekend, I got a great price..LOL as for plowing with abunch of employees, well i may have the snowblowing crews set yet since they are 16-18 years old and most are kids of the family, but they dont run plows. The older guys i have working either dont have lic or i dont trust driving. I think i have it in order now with no drinking, but it will be hard since it is an open bar... If any one wants to come BridgeWood resort in Neenah on Nov.29th starting at 5p.m open bar and somesort of fish and beef steak dinner. OPEN BAR OPEN BAR OPEN BAR.. there it is out of my system..LOL i hear snow and get all crazy..

Will you Chris take Amber to be your bride to love and to hold?

I DO >>>>>>> WANT to go plow snow.............LOL
  16. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't trust the weather channel....Go to accu-weather .com ...
  17. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Buy a bunch of shovels before the wedding...after the wedding, hand out the shovels and a few addresses. Tell them the reception includes a gift for who gets done shoveling first.

Then run like hell. prsport
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do what Johnny said, go out at 2am and get the job done, no big deal. Snow and family always collide but I don't see why you can't just go out after the party. If your worried about your commercial accounts , salt them the night before.
  19. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

send me a PM, i might be able to help
  20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

why are you getting married the night of the iowa get together?:D

i would gladly help you cover your jobs otherwise.

you already refer to her as "the wife" lol