1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me New plow/Back drag blade/Pull Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford6.9, Sep 20, 2008.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Alright, so what I know is that I know i need something to make driveways move quicker this year. I am leaning away from pull plows because from what I am reading they are a little bit of money. I am looking to see if anyone has anything to say about a back drag blade on a 7.6' boss? And last, I need another plow this year and have 2 boss plows now any would like the 3rd truck to have boss as well but i saw a brank called hinker. Anyone using a hinker c plow? http://www.hiniker.com/snow_products/hp_cplow.html

Anyone who has used any of these options or even used more than one and favors one more please share you input with me. Lost on what to do any trying not to waste money with the wrong buy.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hiniker plows are very popular in my neck of the woods. They've been around for quite a while and they make a good product. Their mounting system is VERY nice...all you do is drive into the plow and pull a lever that locks it on. Takes less than a minute to hook on and plug the wires in.

3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ive seen that plow before looked pretty cool. boss dosent make anything like that though

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

from what i heard it doesnt work as well as its designed, and it takes a while to flip the blade over, so there could be a lot of wasted time? i dunno, never used , never owned, just what i have heard

the pull plowsare cheap, you can find used ones for 1500 if you look around, they aare your best option... if not a back drag edge... or a snow way with DP, should scrape nice and clean