1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me get started guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by michigan Joe, Jun 23, 2004.

1. michigan Joe

michigan Joe Junior Member

Hello people, I am a 23 year old from northern michigan and i'm starting a plow buisness this winter. I really dont know much about rates and other things to expect and i would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. Fill me in on some of those tips i need to get started. Whats the best plow out there for my F-250? Is it worth it to get a salt spreader? What should I charge for commercial lots/ residential drives/ shoveling walkways? How should I work out billing, per plow, per year, per hour and how much? And anything else I can't even think to ask. I can't wait for the winter bring on the snow.

2. North Country

North Country Senior Member

First Welcome!

Second Here is the search speech.....try using the search function first, there is enough info on this site to read for months - then if you have specific questions shoot.

Here is a link to a thread I just posted which is very similar and contains links with a lot of info.

Link to other info thread

I also hope this helps - Feel free to fire away any questions that you can't find answers to. - michael