1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me decide what plow is best for me...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Oct 19, 2008.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I have the following to do:

40 driveways - 2 car wide, 2 deep
    2 small parking lots
    1-medium lot- maybe

In years past i have had someone plow the lots for me and i have done the driveways with a snowblower or by shovels with lots of help. Small 2" snows are no problem, but anymore than that i am killing myself. I am looking for a plow that will scrap pretty clean like a snowblower if possible by backdragging, work well in lots, and if at all possible not have to cut a large section out of my front facia (2004 GMC 1500 ext. cab) to accomodate the plow.

Is DP a necessity, or will a back drag blade do the same job?

Thanks you for your help.. you guys are the pros

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get a Sno-Way with Down Pressure. They are great for drives with the DP. JMO

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

100% agree. Great application for one and the DP feature will scrap better under more conditions than a BD edge. :nod:

4. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm with these guys snoway blade w/dp

5. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Thank you guys. I tend to feel the same way, but did not want to overlook something, because i really like the looks of the boss too.

Is a 29 series too much for a 1500?
    I hope to upgrade to a 2500 in the future.

Thanks

6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Take a look at the hinker c plow I think its called. It has a cutting edge on both sides.

7. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

look at fisher there hot

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Skip the Fisher, the older ones are one of the worst back dragging plows out there. I would have to agree with the Snoway with DP.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Your model year GMC will accept either the 26 or 29 series with up to an 8' blade. That being said since you are already thinking of upgrading to a 2500 down the road the 29 series would make more sense at this time IMO.

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way products.

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Get a 7.5' Fisher or Boss with a trip edge.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea most guys purchase a $5000 because its cool or looks hot. :rolleyes:

Can't run anything Fisher or Boss LEGALLY on that truck except a 7.5 ft standard duty (ie light duty) or smaller. Which will be basically undersized at truck upgrade time. But with the Snoway you can LEGALLY run up to an 8 ft 29 series commercial blade WITH down pressure. Won't kill the current truck and will much more suite a future truck upgrade.

Makes it a no brainer as long as you have the Snoway dealer support in your area. :salute:

12. Michael M

Michael M Member

BOSS 7'6 trip edge is the best way to go. If there is no BOSS dealer close to you, take a look at the Henniker C-plow. My friend swears by the c-plow.