1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me decide Is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I have a line on a 2001 cummins 2500 ex cab with a 7 1/2 boss plow Only used for personal drives

It has 100,500 miles the injector pump and trans were replace by warranty at the dealer ship at 70,000 miles

Has new exhaust,battery,tires,brakes.

Only thing it needs is the plow lights fixed they dont turn on, worse case I buy a new wiring harness.

He is firm on the price I have tried everything to get him down but he wont budge on the price

He is selling it for $12.750 firm

Hasn't been driven much in the past 2 years because this guys brother passed away and it was his truck, and he is just trying to part with it

I think its a great deal but I want to hear from the other experts

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

With the truck market as it is, I think it's about $3,000 too high.

3. Scenic Lawnscape

The funny thing is here in Michigan where the economy has been in the pooper for a long time, people are still selling these truck for way more then this.Well I should say trying to sell

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thats the key words......"trying to sell"

5. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Like stated above too much for that truck

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Plus, you really should have been looking about 4 months ago. It's going to be hard to find a deal on a plow truck at the beginning of plow season, now you'll have to hope that there's no snow, so guys will be going broke, which also most likely means you'll have less money as well.

Look up the value on kbb.com, or other website. Look for the same truck on craigslist or ebay. You'll find values.

7. Scenic Lawnscape

I would of loved to buy 4 months ago but I just go the money so I am up against the wall:realmad::realmad:

8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

little high 3/4 here are selling way lower plus the 3000 for used plow and thats high

9. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

LOL, every plow truck that I have ever gone and looked at has been for "personal use". Never believe that line.

10. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

yeah thats an understatement it was driven by a person so it is personal use

11. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

TOO HIGH and you gotta consider if it hasnt been driving in 2 years thats not nessally a good thing. trucks are made to be used and all the working parts be in motion sitting for that long things can sezze up and seals get dry rotted on truck & plow

12. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I'd be kind of wondering why the tranny needed replacing at 70,000 miles even if it wasnt commerically plowing.

13. stauffer.80

stauffer.80 Junior Member

Was it only driven on Sundays by a little old lady also?

Just remember, Dodge wasn't known for their great transmissions, especially on a cummins.