1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help me buring smell

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BossPlowGuy04, Dec 15, 2007.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

hey guys i just bought a used boss 7"6 plow. when i have the plow on my truck and i've been useing if for a while i start to smell a buring, either belt or elitrical. i'm thinking elitrical becuase the temp is fine on my turck and it only seems to be when the plow is moveing. any thoughts? thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be looking it over real close to find the cause of the smell, and real soon too in order to determine whats going on...

Could be a loose connection or a short in the positive battery cables to the plow...

Might be coming from the pump motor (since it is used)

I'd also be checking the alternator...

Smells can be a little hard to determine the source of but you need to find out asap...
  3. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

thanks i'm going to go look at it right now. and your your deffently right about the asap part. there calling for up to like 10in over the next day and a half :eek:
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Have someone operate the plow and look for the smell or look for smoke. Be very careful around a moving plow. You can also feel the wires and see what is getting hot.