1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me BUB!!!

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by BC Handyman, Nov 12, 2012.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Please help me, I'm not an electrian or want to try to be one! My b.u.b. works fine in my dodge, but this year I want it on my ford, but only the strobe will work, the back up lights wont, not on reverse or on utility. I have a 2011 ford f250 what do I need to do to make it work? I'm assuming the wiring is different, what else could it be? Really I love the unit so much, I might be talked into buy another one(the new brighter led) Feel free to p.m. me if you want. Thanks in advance.

2. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

A 7 way plug is universal.... use a test light and check your truck harness. maybe you have a bad female plug?

3. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi Bc Handyman
    Does it work on the dodge now?
    Gary

4. BC Handyman

Yes it does, and always has, but no worries I got it working. I voltage metered all my truck side plugs & everything worked, & it works on the dodge so I figured its tracked down to a bad connection. So after a few more failed attemps of plugging & unplugging, switching on/off, & since the strobe works I tryed "adjusting" the center pin/reverse light by using plug to move it & it works! Was just a bad connection on the center pin, I love this thing & your quick response, Thank you Gary. & also IC-Smoke for confirming that wiring is not different, since that was my first thought.

5. backupbuddy

Cool you got it working. Do the utility lights work also? Have you got any snow yet?

6. BC Handyman

Yes, everything works the way it's suppost to. Yes I got snow, been out a few times already.

7. backupbuddy

do you usually get snow this early?

8. BC Handyman

By now, Yes. By beginning of nov-mid nov we always start to get snow sticking around. Usually starts by end of oct but melts quickly & doesnt stay till around now. It's suppost to get a little warm this weeks though,(+6c) so it might all melt. Do you got snow? even been out yet this year?

9. backupbuddy

We had a 4-5" storm of wet snow last Wednesday which we plowed and the next day it was pretty much gone.