1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me bid this shopping center please

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Tscape, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Could I get some opinions on how some of you would bid this property please? It consists of the 2 buildings and all the paved areas within the yellow line. The main lot dimensions are 300x200 plus the drive lanes and loading zones behind the buildings. There is an additional drive lane along the front of the top building that isn't figured in to the 200x300 dimension.

I am looking for an idea that looks like this:
    2 trucks= X hours

Salt= X tons

What do you think? They are looking for a seasonal price BTW, but I am breaking it down into per push and figuring 15 pushes per season.

Hamburg Center2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

How many sq ft. is the lot? Do they care where the snow is stacked? Do you have to do walks?

Have that info, I can help you on a price.

3. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Well, the lot is 300x200. Extrapolate and estimate the entire square footage at 95,000. No walks.Stack snow anywhere, but mainly on the South side and East side.

THANKS! :)

4. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

I would figure 1.3 hrs with a skid steer with 10 pusher,and 2 hrs with a truck with a 9ft blade, and 2.4 hrs with a truck with 8ft blade. Its hard to tell by a picture, but that's what I would guess at. Lots like a nice account, just make sure you kept up with the storm, or it can be a nightmare

The lot is 2.18 acres.

5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Thanks. That's under what I bid, but over what the lowballers bid by even more. I said 2 trucks, 3 hours. I am thinking 2 trucks, 2 hours is probably where it should be to allow enough cushion to maintain an acceptable margin, considering it's seasonal. The owner said it takes 2 trucks under an hour (more like 45 minutes). He also said that's with them stopping for a cocoa and BS'ing. Someone's BS'ing alright! The kicker is this: for the seasonal bid they are coming up with 5 pushes! I figured 15. So as you can figure, my bid was 5x higher than these morons. I guess somewhere between me and them is the non-moron, but he wouldn't land the account either. The morons get it.

And so I learn, and I move on...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007