1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me bid my frist commercial please!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by shott8283, Nov 2, 2009.

1. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

This is my first commercial bid im putting in for. I know the owner, he's a good guy and I will likley land the job, but Id like to stay competitive in price and still be able to help him out.

This will be charged and payed by push, since thats the only way that I plow.

I will present this bid to him in the fashion except a touch nicer.

[​IMG]

not to mention.. this is hard packed half gravel half dirt area, will be tough on the truck untill we get a good solid freeze..

i will go verify the footage with my laser range finder but ive noticed google earth's ruler is fairly accurate

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. CMU07

CMU07 Member

Well if you want to be fair reduce your hourly rate. I would assume it would take you in the neighborhood of 30-45 minutes. I doubt anyone here will give you a straight forward price. Just trying to put this out so you might edit your post before the vultures circle! haha

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5,000.00 pus tax for the season.

4. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i guess the reason why im asking is im still new at the industry and ive been doing driveways in a set price method of 20,25,30,35 per push... and its working well for me..

i havent really ever thought of basing this off of time..

if it would make it easier,, maybe someone could give me an idea of an hourly rate you bill at with just plowing.. no salt etc etc..

any help would be great.. thanks guys!

grandview: your counter is finished and we have no snow.. fire your counter guy

5. grandview

Countdown ended on Nov 1st ,the start of plow season.

6. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

ok.. after searching and reading a ton of posts.. i would like to rephrase my questions

:::: if you had a 7 1/2 ft plow on a standard pickup.. no salting or no walks needed,, just plowing

what would YOU charge for this lot?

im leaning towards an hourly rate, so basically ill get paid for my time for when im there, which is probably the fairest that it gets

i was thinking 150 to 200 range for per push., and that would be sequential based on inch ranges .. but id like to stay away from that

anyone elses thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

personal opinion here, but i would look at about 1 hour, maybe 1.5 to allow for the fact it is gravel, as far as pricing, well all i can tell you is that around here we look at about $65-100/hour for skidsteers and trucks, $100-150 for loaders and backhoes

8. grandview

Go with the per push then, just tell him 125.00 per push.

And that still works out to my seasonal price I gave you.

9. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

ok guys.. i made the bid and gave it to them.. sounds promising!

thanks for the help!