1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help mangering a crew

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by joetomass, Jan 12, 2014.

1. joetomass

joetomass Junior Member
    from philly

Have a few questions maybe get some help with. 1st is im looking for a good management software program, nothing crazy expensive but dont mind spending some money for the right program. Need a way to track guys hours better.(there pay hours) they text me there times now and also they keep a log book. But i know they are taking there time in some lots. 2 of the lots are a 30 min ride from where the other lots are so it is hard for me to keep an eye on them. Also need a good way for my guys to track hours on some lots because they are houly lots and the customers want good time tracking on the invoices. (So there logs books have to be in good order) But they never are and no matter what i tell them they do good for a few hours and then goes back to a mess. My guys are good at what they do but as far as paper work forget it.
    any help would be great
    thanks

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

How about GPS tracking in there vehicles. They can have a key fob so you know who is driving which truck how long they spend in a lot and the route they took to get there.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Thought it was a question about baby Jesus.....mangering?

One of the property management companies I work for has a phone in recording system. You phone an 800# from your GPS phone, enter your contractor code, site code, time spent on site and service codes, salt/shovel/plow/walks/parking/WO# ect. I would think that it is a great app for managing service times. The instruction video on you tube is no longer available to me, or I would post it for you, sorry I don't even know what it's called. Still would require competent employees....