1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!-Jeep Plow Tripping

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DMAN, Feb 20, 2003.

1. DMAN

DMAN Junior Member

My Western sport utility 6.5 is tripping alot on a push of 2" of heavy wet snow. I have tried full angle and straight to no avail on driveways. The plow is new this season mounted by a dealer. The a frame is on a slight angle when the plow is down.I see no adjustment for the mount on my 95 wrangler as the mount goes over the top of the bumper. Plow did okay on the 24' inch storm as the snow was dry.

Also when the plow is fully angled to the left or right the edge is off the pavement about an 1/4" or so at the furthest point away from the jeep.The edge is touching closest to the jeep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the tripping problem or edge issue.

Darron

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

2" of wet snow will make a lot of blades trip. You probably have 2 springs on yours. Try tighten them up a bit, from the factory they are usually not too tight. If it is still a big problem, you may want to get heavier springs, or add a third spring to put more tension on it. Of course you don't want it too solid, otherwise it'll cause damage if you hit e curb.