1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP- is this normal?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mkwl, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well, I changed my plow fluid yesterday- drained the resivoir, and removed the angle hoses to get as much old fluid out as possible. Put it back together, filled, angled a few times- added fluid.

Today, I go out to hook up the plow, and notice that the plow angle cylinders have some "play" to them- I can make them move in and out about an inch or so on each one...do I have an problem?

Once I angle them back and forth for a while- they seem to hold fine...is this normal?

If not- any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone? Seems to be better after running it back and fourth a few times- after 'building up more pressure"

Could aerated fluid cause this condition?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Totally normal after a fluid flush Matt and nothing to be concerned with, just has a little air in the angle rams and will work itself out after some use.

4. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i would check it after a night out to see how low on fluid it is all the air will find its way to resoivior

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks- I'll check the level after our "storm" tonight- I just wanted to make sure that something wasn't wrong with the plow- thanks for the reassurance!