1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help....IS This an Old Meyer Pump??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plowinnewbee, Feb 27, 2011.

1. plowinnewbee

plowinnewbee Junior Member
    from MidWest

Hi All, newbee here, just hoping to get the advice of a few of you experts.
    I found this old Plow Pump, when cleaning out the garage of my new house.

My new neighbor tells me he things it's an old Meyer T-6 pump.

If anyone can confirm, or tell me what it is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Steve

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Yes that is a cable operated T-5 or T-6 Meyer power unit...
    :rolleyes: John...

3. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

yup its a meyers i just put one we had laying here in the auction pile last week

4. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

That is a boat anchor. It is an old school meyers unit. We had a Jeep with one, a looooonnnngggg time ago. As mentioned, a cable worked that lever to open and shut a valve. The control had a button that activated the motor. It was super slow, but it always went up and down. Left and right was done by hand. If it works, it may be fun to use on a garden dump trailer or maybe a little plow on a tractor. I wouldn't put it on a truck to plow with, that was for a time gone by.