1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP...Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cti531, Sep 17, 2010.

1. cti531

cti531 Member

I am in the market for a plow to put on my 2500hd Chevy. I was pretty dead set on a Western but have also been considering the SnowDogg. Well, I just came across this on Craigslist and know absolutley nothing about this model of BOSS plow (specifically the mounting system and age of plow. I really liked the Ultramount system from Western and don't know anything about this one). Can any of you pro's look at this and tell me what you think? Good deal or not?

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Looks pretty old to me just by looking at the lights. I would guess it might be an RT2 system. Buying it would mean you would have to change your mount and wiring.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's not RT2, it's RT3 but it's an older 11 pin Smart Hitch 1 model...somewhere between a 98-01 model year. Probably worth the asking price...and if you wanted a Western you'll be part way there, it already has the Western lights on it. :D

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

B&B is correct.I'd def. say its worth that.