1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help is greatly appreciated

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by retalsb, Dec 21, 2015.

1. retalsb

retalsb Junior Member

I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD and recently received a Fisher plow setup from a family member. No truck side anything, just the plow side.

Based on information I received from a local Fisher dealer, I ordered and installed mount 7169. Problem is, the space between the truck-side mounts is too great.

The local dealer is telling me I installed them incorrectly.

I've attached a pic of the mount while installed (hand tight bolts) and a few different views of the truck/plow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20151221_125540.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

2. CHPL

CHPL Member

Is that a 6.5 ft plow it looks small

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Plow is too small for that truck, its a light duty plow. You need the wider a-frame to fit the truck.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Truck side mounts..? Are they 1 piece or 2?
    If 2 are they reversed?
    (I don't know fisher, just going by limited pics.)

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Agree, mounts are on backwards. The pockets should be to the outside.

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The mounts aren't on backwards... they can't be installed backwards.

The plow is an old LD series blade... 26" between the mount tab slots on the lower gear. All of the later plows, are 29" between the tab slots. Get a newer lower gear and switch everything over, or find a newer plow.

7. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

I had the same issue 99 with 06 mount I got one side connected and pinned it, then used a come along to pull the other side in and pinned it. Welded the mount to the truck put quick connects on the hoses and now my fisher is set up like a Meyer

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Didn't even notice the pic with tape measure. MM1 and MM2 are 29 1/8" center. There is at least one mount that can be put on backwards, I have done it. :dizzy:

9. cubicinches

Only MM1 HD series and some RD series. Some RD series and all LD series were 26".

It comes from the days of conventional mount plows, when they were called L blades and G blades... One was 26" and one was 29" (I forget which was which now) across the A-frame where they mounted to the truck. When fully detachable headgear came out (MM1), the RD series used both at first.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  10. All that being said, it's in pretty decent shape for an SEHP era plow....

11. cubicinches

Yes it is. Well worth converting, if the OP could find a MM1 lower gear in decent shape.

12. retalsb

retalsb Junior Member

Thank you to everyone that replied. Your feedback has been a great help, although I would have preferred that you told me I had installed the mounts incorrectly. That would have saved me a lot of time and money. I guess I will be on the lookout for everything I'd need to convert what I already have. I wish I would have know this first. Thanks again to everyone.

13. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

The headgear is to narrow for the truck.You need the 29" headgear as the span between the pushplates is wider then the headgear.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  14. cubicinches

That they aren't mounted correctly?

15. cubicinches

I think the confusion about them being installed correctly or not, is stemming from the OP's pic of the mount shown on the truck... It's a bit unclear, but that is a pic of the driver's side mount. In the pic, it appears as if it could be the passenger side, but as I stated earlier... it's not physically possible to install the mounts on the wrong sides of the truck.

16. cubicinches

Heeeyyy... wait a minute... :D

17. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes after starting to upload the pictures I noticed the rear section of the pushplates where the bolt goes curves inward so it wouldn't bolt up if they were switched

18. retalsb

retalsb Junior Member

Based on everyone's feedback, and the already invested $1500 for the mounts and wiring, I'd like to convert it but I'm concerned with going back to my local dealer. I've done a bit of research and it appears there are a few different lower gear assemblies for the MM, all of which appear to be specific to a blade setup. Obviously, my blade isn't listed. Would anyone be willing to give me a hand determining the Fisher part number for the correct lower gear?

FWIW - next spring/summer, I'd like to put a larger blade on the plow.

Thanks again for all your help!

"Motorman 007"