1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help: install TGS07

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by aperfcrcle, Jan 8, 2011.

1. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

Hey guys, my first snow dogg product and I am quite excited about the purchase.. Just picked up the TGS07 and was installing it myself. I have everything hooked up like I think it should, I wanted to test to make sure i was getting power before i hooked the fuse wire up and I wasnt getting any power to the control box... Is this because I didnt hook the fuse wire up? I am alittle lost on how to set the fuse wire up as well, so I was wondering if you guys could shed alittle light on it.. Thanks in advance.

2. Did you have the ignition on?

3. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

Yes i sure did

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I just installed the same unit a couple weeks ago and it's pretty basic. I didn't try to power my unit up without connecting it to a fuse so I don't know if it'll come on or not without it. Do you have your connectors plugged in at the bumper? Maybe the control box won't come on unless everything is connected...?

Also, make sure you've got the plugs pushed all the way into the controller. I don't know what else it could be.

5. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

I will check.. How did u wire in the fuse?

6. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

ok so, I think i need to go buy a fuse tap and i will be good to go.

7. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Please Post a pic of this setup, i am thinking of ordering one.

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

What he said. I'm looking at buying one next year hopefully.

9. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I just had the TGS07 unit delivered and I don't know how to connect the controller to the fuse box.

How do I plug in the wire that is to be connected to the fuse terminal or ignition switch? Also the wire seems pretty short so it seems as if the controller needs to be mounted right next to the fuse box.

I am installing this in a 2007 2500HD Classic if that helps.

10. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I also have a blue wire, but have no idea where it goes. It is a wire separate from the wiring harnesses, and does not look to plug in to them anywhere. I was thinking this separate blue wire is supposed to be used to extend the wire that goes in to the fuse box, but I don't know. Thanks for you help in advance. :salute:

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I don't have the manual in front of me, I'm pretty sure its spelled out in there but I know what seems obvious to the people designing it isn't always obvious on the other end.

That blue wire is to connect the ignition wire on the controller to an ignition switched source. Because every truck is different, we can't really tell you where to pull it from. Usually you can find a source in the fuse box. It only pulls about 2A max, so just about anything will work.

Without that wire hooked up the controller will not power up - that's the point - so that you don't accidentally drain your battery by leaving it on.

I would recommend picking up an tap-in connector or "add-a-fuse" from an auto parts store. You'd hate for your connection to come out in the middle of the night in January (and you know that's when it will happen).

The TGS07 is a great spreader - pretty much top of the line for tailgate spreaders. I think you'll be happy with them.

12. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

minor gripe

The installation manual seems to call for 6 "flanged" nuts for the longer threaded bolt on the rear brackets near the bumper and when reading the parts list only has 4 listed and included on mine.
    Other than that fairly good straightforward set up.
    Mine did not like the rear electrical connection until I reversed them over but possibly just not tight enough.
    If the controller is only drawing 2 amps as stated earlier I will probably add an inline fuse just to be sure. I bet that controller is not cheap. Not an electrical expert but cheap insurance. My lowest is 5 amp on my panel.

13. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Now can someone fix my back button?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  14. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

ussmileyflagI have the sander completely installed, and it seems to be a sturdy machine. As the poster above said. the instructions seemed to call for 6 flanged nuts, but only came with 4.

The auger and vibrator seem to create plenty of flow. The TGS07 did toss a larger portion of the sand to one side of the truck, so I will play around a little to see if I can achieve a more even spread. But all in all it seems to be a very nice machine.

The TGS07 came with some grease, and the instructions states to • Lubricate bearing every 10-15 hrs. using general automotive grease. Where is this baring, and what do I have to do to get at it?ussmileyflag

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  15. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

bsuds
    the grease is for the electrical connections keep them greased well to prevent the green stuff from growing. You must grease the rear auger bearing often, I have seen so many bearing lock up on many differnt kind of spreaders because of lack of grease, and yes any good automotive grease is fine as long as you use it often.
    Hosenfeffer
    I have always found it wise to install the controller on the "hot" side of the fuse (side the power gos in to the fuse, not out) and install anin line fuse, that way if the fuse should blow you wont lose whatever the controller is wired to. Also, install the fuse as close to the controller as possible so its easy to change andremember to keep spares in your emergency kit.

16. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Thanks for the info. How do I get at the rear auger bearing? Do I have ro take the auger apart or is there a grease fitting?

17. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

look on the front of the unit, the side facing the front of the truck, towords the bottom there is a fitting to pump the grease in. If the grease comes out dirty or with water keep greasing until it comes out clean.