1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help in locating used plow for Wrangler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by westbrooklawn, Dec 15, 2003.

1. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

After receiving much good advice from everyone here at Plowsite I finally purchased a used 1997 Jeep Wrangler. I am now in the market for a functional used plow. Usage in NC will be limited, but the potential is good the few times the snow does come!

Doesn't need to be anything fancy.....just looking for a complete setup that will fit the a '97 Wrangler.

Thanks for any help.

2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

look on ebay, trading times, local classifieds

3. muddy00

muddy00 Member

I was looking for the same thing for my 98, no luck I missed a wester for $1800 I just went with the snowman pull plow instead, Good luck

4. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Thanks for the comments from those who have already replied. I am watching e-bay on a daily basis. The local trader magazines, classified, etc. just don't have anything for sale because of the low number of plows we have in this area.

I was hoping that some of you in areas where snowplowing is more common, (I could travel to VA, MD, DC, PA to pick up a plow), might come across some good deals you would be willing to let me know about. Also there are several dealers on this site that may get used plows in trade, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Plow

See my Posting on "2 Meter Plow" on a Bronco II in the used equipment for sale part of this site. It's a 6 foot plow with the small truck spread on the mount. You would have to find a plow mount to fit your jeep. or have this one modified some how.

7. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

:waving: Hi Westbrook & Happy Holidays! If you are willing to travel there is a guy in Reading Pennsylvania that did a mounting job for me last year, sells 2 or 3 or maybe 4 brands of new snowplows, and deals in a lot of used plows & part too. But the real reason I mention him is he is a JEEP FANATIC! I don't think there is anything he doesn't know about JEEPS and he buys & sells them also. I had a 7.5 foot western unimount & was looking for a vehicle so I visited him & he told me strait up to go get a pickup ( I did ) cause there really wasn't any Jeep vehicle that would handle the plow short of the old J-10's & 20's & mounting would get expensive. If I was into Jeeps he would be my adviser & by the way was very reasonable with charges for hanging the plow on my GMC. Stork's Automotive Phone 610-488-1450, maybe he could even ship it but a phone call to Gene would be advised. Good Luck, Dave

8. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

There isn't any Jeep vehicle that can handle a plow??? Your Jeep Fanatic friend in PA is either sadly misinformed, or I have missed something pertinent in your post... Isn't a vehicle out there imo that's better for plowing the average residential driveway due to it's short wheel base/easy maneuverability.
    I guess all of us in this thread must have special Jeeps because we are all making plenty of dough plowing with our Jeeps and none of these are J-10's.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12730

9. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

I believe what he said was that his buddy told him that there is not a Jeep that would handle a 7 1/2' plow. I agree with that statement, although there is a guy on this forum that is running a 7 1/2' on a Wrangler. It's apparently working well for him, but there's no way I could run a plow that large with the snow we get here in Maine.

Jeff Pierce

10. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Oh ok I see. DaveinPA is making reference to a 7 1/2 ft plow on a Jeep.

Well, westbrooklawn didn't say that he was looking at a plow of that size anyway, he just said he wants to put a plow on his Wrangler, and Dave sounded to me as if he thinks no Wrangler can handle a plow at all so thats why I said what I said.

Anyway, westbrooklawn, I wish you luck finding a used setup for a reasonable price. I do believe it's difficult to get a good deal on a snowplow while in the midst of winter - whether used or new but hey you might hit the jackpot. Western, Meyer, and Fisher 2 meters are all good plows for your Jeep. Post pics if you get setup.

Michele

11. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Man...what a great site!!! DaveinPA - thanks for the info.....I will contact that person to see what he might have or recommend. Thanks to all for their comments, and keep them coming!!!!

12. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

Hi All! Sorry for the confusion, yes he does a lot of plows on all kinds of Jeeps, & I agree they make a good rig; I already had the western set-up & went with a used pickup. He is definitely the guy to talk to about Jeeps & plows, sells new and used plows and also buys and sells Jeeps too. Hope this helps! Dave :waving:

13. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member