1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP in Augusta Georgia - Shopping center snow removal!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LotandLand, Feb 12, 2010.

1. LotandLand

LotandLand Junior Member

I have snow contracts in GA and in NC that I cannot cover - These places NEVER Get snow - NEVER... So we signed land/snow contracts....
    We cover a large area that does get snow - And we are prepared for these areas - But the NC Coast is about to get hit, AND Georgia!!! Need help in GA if anyone is interested - Or if ANYONE on this site is in GA and would like some work??? Please PM or email me if interested!!!! ASAP!
    This storm has come out of no where - We are expecting 3-6"..... If interested (Shopping centers) - Please contact me - Thanks!

2. LotandLand

LotandLand Junior Member

Haaa.... Got it handled! ;-)))

Found a buddy with motor graders, front end loaders, Bobcats, etc...

Will be able to cover this area that Never gets snow!!! LOL....

Thanks to anyone who considered helping out - We got it covered!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Question did you bid this place as if it was to get snow or just a throw away bid and hope it never snows there?

4. LotandLand

LotandLand Junior Member

Hoped it didnt snow!
    But - We have enough work with these properties that we can afford it if we loose $$...
    We do parking lot sweeping, landscaping, irrigation, pressure washing, lot striping, .... And....... Etc....

So - If I loose couple thousand.... It will be alright...

I do think our snow bids are not TOO low out here - But we DID bid them low to get all the other work that WE DID get - So its worth it...

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Alrighty then....

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Why do you post these pics of your lots:confused:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. LotandLand

LotandLand Junior Member

Looks at that photo - You are working for USM.... !!!

If thats the case - At least I will get paid something!! And I get other work... And I wont be held responsible for ANY and ALL injuries outside the store from start date of contract to end of contract! (I read that contract)
    And I have NOT been paid a LOT of $$ from USM...

So a Lot of snow cleared out of a WalMart center is pretty funny to me!

I would rather low ball a location that has a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting snow. Loose a few dollars (But make $$ all year) than get Ripped off by USM ever again!

LOL --- I sure hope you didnt clear that lot - And if you did - Good luck getting paid, and better hope no one falls in that lot before the end of March!

9. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Grandview wouldn't work for USM it's his competition last i heard Grandview was starting his own National Maintenance Companypayup