1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help I'm lost!!!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 09dieselguy, Sep 21, 2014.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

I am no where new to plowing. I've been asked alot this year to take on some plow accounts. I have been doing commercial plowing for 10 years and managing accounts. I don't know the business side of it. I can do the work with no issues. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this so I can get the ball rolling ASAP please!? I will be joining sema this week. I would like to purchase the Sean Adams info books as sell but his site is down. I'm interested on his sample documents and bid forms, sample contracts and so on.

Please help me

2. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

I'd say make sure you are organized. Make sure your documenting. Make sure you know what billing is out and when its due. There's lots of sample documents online.

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Form a company as an LLC or get Incorporated.
    Get Business Insurance
    Workmans Comp. Insurance.
    EIN # Sale Tax #
    Every State is different on what you need to have. But you will need most or all of this first before you go out bidding. In WI for example Snow plowing does not have sales tax but grass mowing does, go figure.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That's really strange

Here in are city We have to tax everything now any service we provide

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Well WI has a Tax book like a phone book. If you replace a furnace -No sales tax, Fix it - you pay sales tax. The list is way to long.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same in MN.

7. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

Working on llc stuff now. I work to many hours on my normaly company job. Hard to set stuff up when I'm alwys working. Will need to take a day off to take care of some things.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So your going to quit you job and jump right in?

9. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

..............:drinkup:

jump_off_cliff.jpg

10. expandit

expandit Junior Member

Take a look at this website

This has helped several companies get and keep there stuff organized.
    everything can be customized to what you want or need
    there are both landscape demo companies and snow plow demo company.. Just examples of what might work but remember anything can be added or changed.

www.expanditsmartforms.com