1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help identifying this plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by eric_mc, Aug 31, 2009.

1. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Tough from the pictures, but would anyone be able to tell me if this is a 7'6" HD, HT, SD or LD plow? Also it is an MM1 or MM2?

Ok here is a real dumb question - it looks to me like the pump is on the plow - but I want to make sure before I drive up to get it - is that the pump I see? I want to avoid having to install a hydralic pump inside my truck - and my understanding is that with some MM1 and all MM2, the pump is on the outside, and all I would need to do is connect up with an electrical interface/harness.

Does this plow have a cutting edge installed?

Last question - what is the difference between a 2 plug and 3 plug system?

Thanks all :salute:

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

What pictures?

3. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

sorry - just added ..... :)

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Can't help you I don't know anything about Fishers. LOL

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Minute Mount 1 7'6 Looks like a 2 plug- No edge- electric over hydraulic

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I only see 2 trip springs, so i'll say MM1 LD, SEHP pump.

7. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Thanks FordFish - so, if I am doing driveways and a couple other properties - do I need an edge?

Thanks Nick - with the SEHP setup, it is still easy to "disconnect" the plow when not in use - ie unplug the thing and disconnet the whole thing (minus the vehicle mounts) from the truck?

Going on an '05 F150 King Ranch.

8. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

update - was told the style number is: 95323

9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Yes, its easy to disconnect. SEHP will be 2 electrical plugs. However, if its going on an '05 KR, you will probably need to convert it to a 3 plug setup, which requires new plugs on the plow side (and a little wiring), and a set of 11 pin headlights. And you will need to purchase the correct 3 plug truck side wiring as well. But yes, it is easy to disconnect. Just the electrical plugs, drop the jackstand, and undo the two pins that connect it to the truck.

10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks like there may be an edge welded on the bottom?; usually they are bolted on. It should cut well as is. Check the GAWR of that F150, that may be too much steel for that truck. Nick- there's a third spring hiding in there- think it's a 7'6 RD. With that sno-foil it may weigh close to 800lbs.

11. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Nick you beat me to it your about as bad as b&b lol

12. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

ahh i see it now, my bad. RD it is.

13. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

ok guys - thank you so much for the education and the time to help. So based on your prognosis - I think I will pass on this plow. My big concern has always been putting a plow on that will kill my truck - my brother who has the same truck but an 07 just spent $3K rebuilding the tranny from light plowing with an LD. So this is definitely going to be too much for my truck. Again, thank you so much for the help....I'll keep looking I guess - and now I am a little wiser, thanks for the help.

14. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

A guy a town over from me has been running a 7'-6" Stainless Xtreme Vee of his 05 F150 King Ranch. I think youd be fine with a 7'-6" LD or RD (with possibly a bit of front end work for the RD). You may want to look for a bit newer Fisher with the Insta-Act pump setup so that it will just be plug and play for your truck, rather than you having to mess with new headlights and the conversion kit. Just a thought. Good luck and let us know how you end up making out.

15. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

you know what - I was thinking the same thing. There is a guy on this site a couple towns over that sells a lot of fishers and they always seem to be newer, better ones for reasonable price....I will give him a shout. Thanks again.

16. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

If youre talking about BDavis, hes a great guy to deal with. Picked up my XBlade from him. He knows his stuff and his plows are all in good shape for sure.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Look closely at the middle pic. Looks like a three plug. I'm guessing recently converted as you can see the tags on the cables that are joined together. Kind of halfway between the jackstand and the push plate pin. You can see it in the last sideview pic too. I can't see the heavy pump wire cable.

That's not a Fisher snowfoil. Looks to be "homemade" albeit a very good job. It's a different color yellow. The guy even took the time to put spacers under the headlights too.

The plow looks to be in pretty good shape for the year. Is he throwing that sweet dolly in too?

BTW, the weight of the plow has nothing to do with toasting the transmission.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Too much plow weight does not cause transmission failure. it may cause premature wear on front wheel bearings ball joints, steering components, ball joints shocks and tires but not transmission failure. That is the operator, shifting gears before coming to a complete stop, allowing the transmission to "hunt" for a gear or allowing the torque converter to repeatedly lock and unlock, that kills transmissions.

19. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

acutally - I was talking about him lol.

20. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

he is throwing in the dolly - and he has a vehicle side mount for a F250 - 2004 I believe. All for $1500.....you want his contact info? I advised him to post the thing here and it would probably sell. He is in Burlington, VT.