1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Identifying Snoway plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by d70stang, Aug 12, 2008.

1. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Hey Snoway Gurus! Can anyone tell me what model number or year this plow is from these pics? All I know is that he says its 7.5 feet and he thinks it was bought new around 2006. I am looking for a Snoway for my 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4 door. Is there a mount available for this plow to be put on my Jeep. Any idea what this may be worth? He said it was only used about 4 times although I have my doubts on that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

snoway plow 1.jpg

snoway plow 2.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When Tom from Sno-Way wakes up from his nap this morning he'll give you all the details.:sleeping:

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Looks likes an ST or an MT to me.........

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

How tall is the moldboard? If the plow was new in 06' it is either a ST or MT model.

I can actually see the serial # tag on the driver's side of the a-frame of the plow but can not make out the # that is on it. This tag will identify the model.

We do not have a 2008 Jeep application for this plow.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

its an mt... come on tom

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

a little disappointed nick:rolleyes::D

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

am i a little disappointed? is that what you meant?

8. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it. This a great site!

9. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Its an MT. I have one on my 2005 Wrangler.....

BTW - I ran that plow on my 05 TJ too.... Its a great plow - I actually bought an older wrangler style - partially because I could keep my plow. The wife and kids really wanted a JK 4 door.... But, I stuck with the unlimited Rubicon....

The Sno-way has been with me for 3 vehicles now. An S-10 blazer, TJ, and now the LJ Rubicon

Action shots.....
    When the first jeep was a baby....
    [​IMG]
    And after some "enchancements"
    [​IMG]
    This is the new jeep that I run my MT on. Dont have any shots with the plow yet - but you can see my answer for lighting up what I plow at night...... ;)
    [​IMG]

10. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Looks nice. Where did you get the mount for the MT on that Jeep? Was is custom or did they make one for that Wrangler? The plow I'm looking at seems to be in good shape but they say there is no mount for it to put an MT on my Jeep. Like the new Jeep. Yellow just like my JK. Thanks for any help.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

12. d70stang

d70stang Junior Member

Thanks for all the help Basher. That makes sense why they don't make an MT mount for the JK. I appreciate the info for the custom work, but I think your right, might not save much money in the long run. Still looking at a 22 series but also keeping my options open. I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future. Thanks again Basher, your posts on this site has been extremely helpful to me.

13. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Just looked at the pics and I think I have a Basher question. Just like the Deutsh(sp) plug I am getting rid of (thanks to all at Basher & Sons) I would love to have that long pin for the nose. Could this be retrofitted onto mine in place of the little pin with the wire handle?

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to either buy the pin (we stock them) and drill a hole and weld a support washer around it, or buy an upgraded light bar kit that already has the hole. We have used ones but if you have a large enough drill bit (or small hole saw) you can modify it yourself.

15. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

tjthorson night light bar set up... what light is that?.. model #?... thanks

16. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Sorry Basher, didn't mean to give you more kids than you want:p. That pin will be the next thing you will be hearing from me for. I can handle anything from 1/16" up to 4" with either a drill, holesaw or step drill and obviously can weld so not a problem.
    BTW, got the plugs today and they are exactly what I wanted. Payed for on Thu and arrived 2 days later. Kudos yet again to Basher & SON + Staff for their unbelievably great customer service.

17. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I'm guessing one of these

Olympic Maxi Light Bar

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Actually I'm the Son, the original Basher retired 25 years ago. People get confused all the time over the plural and singular guess it's cause I do the work of 2 !:cool:

19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So your a Son of a Basher ? Guess Norway was right!

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I heard though the grape vine he had a seriously nasty post out there, sorry I missed it:realmad:

The guy is definitely entertaining:nod: Now if he'd just share some of those secrets.