1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help identifying plow mount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bewrong, Aug 30, 2015.

1. bewrong

bewrong Junior Member

My 1990 F350 has what I assume to be a plow mount under the front bumper. It's a pair of 2" hitch receivers, but it doesn't look to be able to hold very much weight. Can somebody tell me what would fit on here?

20150830_142142.jpg

20150830_142255.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like homemade 2" trailer receiver welded to a frame.

3. bewrong

bewrong Junior Member

Yes, it does. Do you know of a plow or other attachment that uses two 2" receivers ~30 inches apart? If I can't figure out what it's useful for, I'd like to just cut them off.

4. plowfixer

plowfixer Junior Member

I've worked on a lot of different plow brands over the years and I can say this is not a standard mount for any commercially available snowplow. It looks like a mount for a homemade push bar used to move disabled vehicles or equipment. It's built substantially for pushing not to bear weight.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Cut it off. Buy a proper mount.

6. bewrong

bewrong Junior Member

Thank you, plowfixer. That sounds likely, and also completely useless. And now I don't have to fix all of the horribly undercut welds.

7. plowfixer

plowfixer Junior Member

Glad it helped and saved you unnecessary work Take care