1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help identifying plow mount ford

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by m.$terner, Nov 18, 2014.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Need some help identifying this plow mount. I know it is a ultra-mount and i personally removed it from a 2004 Ford f450 4x4 truck. This was over a year ago so my memory is a little foggy and i cant remember if it had coils or leafs. I know that the superdutys switched over to coil springs on all 2005 models but ive heard some people say late 04 models would have also had coil springs ??? I want to sell the mount but all im not 100% sure what exactly it will fit and cant find a part number on it anywhere. The last thing I want to do is sell this thing to someone and it not be the right mount for their truck. Can anybody tell me what exactly this will fit. I know the superduty frames (f250, f350, f450, and f550) are all the same just different suspension and axles so this should fit all superdutys I just dont know if this mount will work with just leafs, just coils or possibly both? Any help is appreciated

[​IMG]

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

All 04's had leafs. There was a frame design change for "late" 04. I don't know Western's but Fisher has a mount specifically for "late 04". Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  3. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

I just called my partner and he seems to think it deff had leaf springs on it because he remembered jacking the front end up some to release some tension on the leaf springs to get the mount wiggled off of the truck. If it was off of a leaf spring front end I would think it should fit all 99-04 superdutys but what is screwing me up is that i just removed a meyers ez plus frame from a 05 f250 on saturday (coil spring suspension) and the top brackets look identical to the westerns but one is a leaf spring and the other is a coil. I know there different plow manufacturers but still, they look almost exact?

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

That's a 67982 mount. It fits 99- early 04 super duty. gtmustang is correct, all 04's had leafs, but there is a mount that fits late 04 only. Then 05's were coils, and different mount as well.

5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

ok so western made 3 different mounts then a 99- early 04 mount, a late 04 only mount and a 05-07 mount? Thanks for the information

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

For that range of years, yes, that's correct.

7. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help

8. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

Def a 99-04 mount