1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help identifying plow frame

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by saintsinner84, Mar 15, 2013.

1. saintsinner84

saintsinner84 Junior Member

Our company picked up a new truck and it came with the truck side of a plow. but no name on it. i tried searching the forums but that is like a needle in a haystack when you don't know what to look for. i checked all the major brands websites and couldn't find it, so i'm assuming its an older plow that isn't being advertised anymore. any help would be appreciated.

resized.jpg

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

looks like a western to me. its a newer mount (probably 10 year old at the most). just my opnion - i'm not 100% certain.

looks like the plugs are there too which also appear to be western. is the controller still there?

3. saintsinner84

no controller. and there are 3 plugs total, 1 by itself i'm assuming power. and then 2 more that plug into each other.

4. linckeil

from CT

5. saintsinner84

thanks man. where else can you go to get information so fast. much appreciation.

6. saintsinner84

7. linckeil

from CT

you are correct. the receivers are removed in the pic you posted. at one time western boasts about having the greatest ground clearnace of any mount. removing this receiver when the plow is off allowed them to make that claim.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure you know this but the 2 that plug into each other are just to keep the pins clean. Not positive but I think all the 3 plug systems are for straight blades. I have 2 MVP Plus and both are 2 plug.

9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

There are 3 plug Vs, I'm pretty sure. Saw a 3 plug XTreme V on CL a while ago