1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Identifying Plow and mount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by swingingsteel, Nov 23, 2012.

1. swingingsteel

swingingsteel Junior Member

Hello, I have recently gotten a western unimount 7'6" snow plow. I originally got the plow on a trade, and bought the truck mount after. I believe it is a western unimount pro from my research as it has 7 ribs and 3 springs. I have a long driveway and my tractor just takes too long. I have a 2000 chevy 2500hd with the 6.0. I have been looking at different setups, and I believe that my parts don't match up. If anyone could help identify my problem it would be a big help. I have searched the internet and found this site, and if anyone will know, it will be you guys. The plow was mounted on a mid 90's 1 ton chevy, and was cut off. I can't figure out how everything goes together. It seems to me that the part that holds the light and lifts the plow is mismatched and won't mount to the plow or the truck. I don't know what the technical term for that part is. The nearest dealer is an hour away, so hopefully someone will have some insight. Thank you in advance.

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

3. swingingsteel

Thank you Jason.
  4. swingingsteel

Would it be a better bet to sell what I have and buy a complete unit ? Can you tell if the unimount for the truck is correct for a 2000 chevy 2500hd ?
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's a Western Franken-plow of some sort. It's old school head gear integrated into a Unimount or something. Kind of hard to tell what was done from that view.