1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help identifying part on Meyer E47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Luppy, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Hows everyone doing out there this winter? I've got a small problem with my Meyer E47. A nut broke off on the top of a part on my Meyer E47. I want to call around to see if anyone has one in stock, but I don't know the name of this thing. Here's a photo. It's the thing with the broken nut on the left that the red wire goes to. Thanks very much guys!

Michele

E47.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  2. snowgm

snowgm Member
    from MI

That is your "B" solenoid valve - should be easy to get from a dealer. If you snapped the top of the tube, than you'll need to replace the whole thing.

3. snowgm

snowgm Member
    from MI

Come to think of it, if you asked a Meyer dealer what part you need and you told them it had a red wire coming out of it and described it and they didn't know what you wanted, you might want to find another dealer.

4. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Hehe. Yes, well I just wanted to be able to just call and ask if they have the part rather than have them guess. So I need to buy two parts yes? The valve and that cover piece? How much should I expect to get robbed for these parts from a local place, or will buying online save me any $$? Thanks much for your quick help on this.

Michele

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Call Angelos in Michigan. 1-800-264-3562. Next day delivery in Ohio. Best price.

6. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Thanks GTRacer! I'll give Angelos a shot. Just got off the phone with a local place who wants 125.00 plus tax for all. I appreciate the help. :)

7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Angelo's part # M15697 cost $49.00 + freight

8. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Just placed the order with Angelos. Thanks again. :)

9. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Michele here's a link to the meyer manual, page 34 gives breakdown drawing and part #'s. It's also available in espanol if you desire. Don't know they would use plows in Mexico.
    Don't throw away the outer coil if it still works, keep it around as a spare. If it magnetizes when powered it is still OK.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/pdf/electro_lift_new.pdf

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  10. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Thanks for that file Steve. Yes, the coil part is still fine. Wow, big savings ordering this stuff over the net rather than locally. I ordered both the B & C assemblies just to have them on hand here. Additionally, I think if I had kept that nut covered in grease I don't think it would have rusted and snapped off. Live and learn.

11. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Two things you can do to prevent this from happening again are to coat the threads with anti-sieze and use a brass nut. Also if you need to take any of the others off use a small nutsplitter on it to avoid breaking the stems on them.

12. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

Just a thought. I've never tried this, but you could probably weld (very carefully) a same size stud to the top of that valve where the threaded stud broke off.... or drill and run a tap into the hole for another stud. That stud only serves two purposes 1) secure the coil to the valve 2) provide a secure point for an electrical line (the red one) to electrify and magnitize the coil and ultimately the valve.
    This is probably a lot of work for a $35 valve - but if you've got the time and rescources- you may be able to get a good back-up/spare valve out of your old valve. Never throw it out til it's really cooked - there's always something you can recycle.

13. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

sometimes the difference in price is due to aftermarket versus original parts

but unfortunetly ordering it from somewhere is usually cheaper then locally

14. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I tried to weld one once, it didnt turn out like I hoped I burned it up......Rob

15. JMR

JMR Senior Member

One time in the middle of a storm I had to remove one of the coils to gain axcess to a broken hose fitting.The stud broke off the valve when I tried to remove the nut. Not having a replacement, I tack welded it back on during reassembly. It stayed that way for 3 more years, until I took the pump apart to rebuild it. Never had a problem with it. Now I always keep atleast one new spare of each on hand.

16. cowboyway37

cowboyway37 Junior Member

cheaper online

If you look on ebay you will find a much better deal than getting anything from a dealler you just have to watch the shipping cost. sometime it is more from a local dealler than online but really cheaper after you pay all the shipping. I bought an A,B and C coil and valve on ebay just last week for a total of $80 that is a steal. The one responce was right if you take the old valve that is broken and you drill it out and just put a tapping screw in it , it would work fine for you as a good spare. Been pushin the white stuff for 14 years I learned to make due with what I have. I learned to buy everything I come across . Just thought I would give you alittle advice. If you have any questions feel free to email me ericurban@adelphia.net I also rebuild and repair. Take care

17. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Thank you all for the great tips and ideas! :salute:
    Believe it or not I'm in my 17th year of plowing (with Meyer plows), but I've never broken one of these coils/valves before. I'm definitely going to get the brass nuts & never seize on these things when the new parts arrive.