1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help Identifying old plow - ram pack nut stripped

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by FlamingTomato, Feb 23, 2015.

1. FlamingTomato

FlamingTomato Junior Member

This is a farm truck that came with an old plow and the Aluminum packing nut has been pushed out and the treads stripped. I am seeking help on the make of the plow so I can get parts for it.
    7' 6" wide - under hood Electric over hydraulic pump
    Thank you in advance - through several internet searches - this site seems the most informed.

plow front.JPG

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Better pics of the head gear And the underhood pump might help more.

Also, if it's just the lift ram thats bad, you can measure it, and see if any manufacturers are close in size.....or just take it to a hydro shop and see if they can match it up.
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Looks to be an old Northman plow. I know nothing beyond that
  4. FlamingTomato

Thank you, I believe your correct - Northman.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can easily get a replacement ram.
    It doesn't need to be made by the plow mfg

Just messer your other ram.
  6. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I wouldn't bother trying to repair the hydraulic cylinders. Like others have suggested, get a generic replacement. They aren't that expensive, ~$50.
  8. FlamingTomato

Yea - I will get the dimensions and throw a cylinder on it - it is one of the angle cylinders. Thank you all for your help
  9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Just one thing to think about when obtaining the angle cylinder; the direction the hydraulic port points with respect to the base pin/bolt. The pin and port will either be parallel, or perpendicular, and it probably MATTERS that you get one that matches.