1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Identify This Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I have never seen a plow like this before around here. This happens to be on a Nissan. The plow mounting plate up front, has two long steel tube braces that are bent to go under the front A arms, and attach to the frame under the cab for additional support. Look familair anyone? Is it an old steel Snoway?

The guy has no clue, paid $500 for the truck and plow "as is". There is a solenoid missing off the top of the pump assembly in these pictures.

2. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Another View

3. Chuck Smith

from NJ

...and another

4. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Last One

The angle rams are tiny, look like broomsticks. The one on the right side has been replaced with a different style. The cutting edge is way overdue for replacement....

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I saw a similiar plow here once. Also on a Nissan I think.

I am pretty sure it is an early sno-way steel plow. Used a Monarch or a Barnes pump? Not really sure of all the details.

I remember thinking when I saw it (to do some wleding) that it looked really weak. More so then the Meyers everyone is always bashing.

By "here" I meant where I live in CT.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2002
  6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I was guessing Sno-Way too, due to the hoist assembly.
  7. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

A friend of mine father had the same style subframe on a 1980's Ford F150. I too belive it is a snoway.
  8. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

Snow Way

One of our subs has that identical set up on his toyota, its an 80's model snow way set up , or that is we he said
  9. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Chuck, yes this is a very old design from Sno-Way back when the plow was originally orange. My guess is that it is a monarch pump system. The plows were originally designed for compact vechiles only and was a personal use plow, thus is why it is so light duty. In 1991 Sno-Way was purchased by new owners who have revamped the entire plow and changed the mild steel to high tensile low alloy steel. While I doubt very seriously that we will have parts for this plow, the factory may be able to help guide him to find them. 1-800-662-1453.
  10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Thanks Bryan. I was reasonably sure, then everyone else thought it was a Sno-Way too. I was waiting for you to reply to be 100% sure.

11. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

I've got to say that we used that same plow on our 78 CJ5 for over 10 years to plow our small commercial and residential drives. And that was with a few differant drivers too. The plow was used when we installed it, and was still in good shape when we sold the Jeep last year. The power units where Monarch, and were the same as what is available today from them. I've still have some parts should anyone need extras.