1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help ID this Western Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ghaygood, May 15, 2015.

1. ghaygood

ghaygood Junior Member
    from 24966

Just purchased this setup. All identifying tags, stickers, labels on the plow have worn off or painted over. Plow measures 7'6". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

635658363699462194.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It's a unimount. And IMO to small for that truck IF your plowing commercially.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Yup... I have the same plow, except mine is an 8'-6" pro plow. It is a tad small for that truck, but you can switch over the blade to a bigger version relatively easy, or add wings like I just did to mine..

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Cool. Nice rig.

5. ghaygood

ghaygood Junior Member
    from 24966

Thanks guys. Plow is for a very long private gravel road (mine). Rig was too good a deal to pass up. Truck is in perfect condition (2001 F350 SuperDuty SuperCab V8 Diesel).

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

You will find that Unimounts are extremely easy to care for. Change the fluid once a year, clean out the pump every couple years (if you plow a lot) and very easy to fix when things go wrong, or break. This is why I'm rebuilding mine now, as we speak. It's 20 years old, and hasn't cost me hardly anything over the years. It will be brandy spanking new once I'm done with it.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=161791

The thread I'm using to document it.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

For the plow markers to still be on the plow it has seen very limited use. I lost mine the first season. Those plows are very easy to care for.

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, that looks amazingly clean. very nice. It has to be an early unimount because it has the tall light brackets. And the previous statement about changing the moldboard out for a longer one, may or may not be possible. If it's a standard 7.5 (four ribs on the back and two springs), then there's not a longer blade available.

I'd just use it like it is, and enjoy!