1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help ID this V plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 56FordGuy, Jan 23, 2016.

1. 56FordGuy

56FordGuy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

A used Western V plow has come up for sale locally. Haven't looked at it yet, wanted to get some opinions on if it's worth messing with. Would be used on a 2001 F-350 to clear 4 miles of private gravel road, and potentially moved to a new truck within the next two years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are these quality plows? Are mounts and other parts available? The ad doesn't mention a mount or wiring being included, other than what's pictured. Any opinions on what a fair price would be?

Thanks!

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'd pass on it and holdout for something newer that has mounts and parts available.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Western Tri-plow

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, that's old. Pass for sure

Wonder ware BoSS got their design

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Boss sued Western for patent infringement and won. Most were bought back.

6. 56FordGuy

56FordGuy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Well, seems like there's a pretty clear answer. Thumbs Up

Thanks!

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I know, that's why I stir the pot

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

9. 56FordGuy

56FordGuy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

I appreciate you posting those, but both are out of the budget right now. The old Western was listed for $1,500 and I was thinking if I could get it for $1,000 I could swing the mounts and wiring. Seems hard to find any V in that price range which is why this one caught my eye. Not worth it if I can't get parts or mounts though. Looks like a plow is going to continue waiting for a while.