1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help ! I am Looking for work ! I am in burbank IL.

Discussion in 'Employment' started by camaro688, Nov 22, 2008.

1. camaro688

camaro688 Junior Member

I have been plowing since 2001 at the chicago Ridge commons but the company I work for has lost the account. I have always put is 110%,I dont drink,do drugs,or sleep on the job. I always bust my but! My regular job at a chevy car dealer of 12 years is closing on December 1 2008. I was told by my union rep that us journeymen will have to take jobs for half the money at independent repair shops with no benefits. I do not want to sit on unemployment for a long time but if it pays more than an independent shop,I would have no choice. I have a family to support. I did not fail the dealership I always stayed late to book my hours and cared.It is in my nature. It is very upsetting but when I found out My plow lady did not get the account it was another nail in the coffen for me.She was still trying to collect from last year also. She said possibly might be able to work at ford city but would have to 1099 me now. I do not want to screw up my unemployment but I do not
    want to give up snowplowing either. Is there anyone out there in my area that can help me.
    I would appreciate any help given.