1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! how much time to plow?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by NewLawn, Oct 8, 2008.

1. NewLawn

NewLawn Junior Member

Hey guys how much time will it take to plow this? What would you charge for a 2-4" push and a 5"-8push? Total square footage is 35,000 square feet with 600 square feet of walks. the edge of the lots are open so i can put snow anywhere.

I've subbed for commercials, but never had to figure this stuff before. I figure it will take about 45 min to plow and I plan on using 500# of salt. Are my numbers accurate? I have a 99 F-250 with a 7.5' Blizzard and a 2 yard snow ex spreader.

My initial thoughts were $95 per push 2-4" $125 for 5-8" $150 for 9"-12"
    I'm using bag salt I'm thinking $135 per salting

my question is on the red outlined part on the left

Thanks guys, I would appreciate any input
    Doit plowing.JPG

Doit plowing.JPG
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I think your time for plowing is really close. But what's up with you filling up a 2 yard spreader with bagged salt? That is nuts!
  3. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

Camden is right, your plow time looks good but unless you plan on buying pallet after pallet of salt, you should just buy bulk, it's cheaper.
  4. NewLawn

NewLawn Junior Member

re: help

I know, unfortunatly I dont have a place to store it. I buy a ton of salt for $170.00. With the current prices, how does my price to spread 500# for $135? Are my-per push prices in line? how about my salt prices?

Thanks GUYS!!!
  5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

well you guys are lucky if you get to charge per the inch that fell cause all of my lots, whether their seasonal prices or per trip prices, are the same rate no matter how much snow falls. Though if i make a second trip I get paid twice...

but yes 95.00 per trip for the bare minimum plow sounds about right. I mean the lot is pretty open it seems, no light poles or islands to plow around.