1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP HELP HELP!! Plow only turns right!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by killercom, Dec 29, 2012.

1. killercom

killercom Junior Member

Just plowing at a commercial complex, I hit a pile pretty good and the plow won't go up or left, the plow is stuck right, plow was centered and i put it left got nothing, up got nothing but then hit right and it went all the way right, now plow wont move. Hydrolic fluid is good and motor runs, red light on controller is on, someone please help! Thanks guys!!

2. killercom

killercom Junior Member

Just ran the plow up against a tree to bring it off being all the way to right and I hit right and it goes right. So the plow runs but just doesn't go up or left! Any ideas guys?!

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like one of your solenoids isn't working
  4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

i had this happen to me once. i ended up changing the controlle wire on the plow.
  5. killercom

killercom Junior Member

how do I check the solenoids?
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

with a test light,,,,,and having the controller in the direction you want to ck,,,i.e up, left, right, dwn
    and ck fishers website for the correct wiring info
  7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

S3 valve isn't shifting....pull the cartridge valve cover on the pump, check the wires on the spade terminal...are they snugly connected?

Using a helper, try raising the plow, take a screwdriver or metal object while raise is being commanded, and place it against the S3 coil, is there magnetic pull?

If not, test for power and ground with a test light at the connecting spade terminals...or do that to begin with, either or.

If you have magnetic pull, the coil is good. If there isn't, and there is 12v and ground...it's junk. If there is pull, then remove the coil and valve, re assemble outside of the pump, now have your helper command raise again, watch the valve to see if it spools in and out. If not, the valve is junk, if it does, or does so slowly, clean it up with a brass or firm synthetic brush and brake cleaner and re try. You can also push in on the end of the valve using a pointy obct (test probe is ideal), and release it, it should push in smoothly with little effort, and spring right back out without hesitation. Again, clean and or replace accordingly.

Chance are the fluid is dirty, and the sudden impact disturbed the contamination and caused a new problem for you.

Whatever came of your ground issue?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013