1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help help electrial asap help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snow2Go, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

Just bought another f350 today 2003. Bought a used HINIKER straight blade yestyerday. I took it off it worked. I hooked it up and I have nothing!! What's weird is it has a 3 terminal solinoid but this guy had the little terminal receivig re orange wire and a wire that just grounded to the solinoid mount and it still worked. I have double checked everything. If I take anitrous solinoid and put it to the ground on the battery then to the little terminal I hit the controller and that clicks. This solinoid isn't clicking. I put a new one on I had too. Nothing. Changed the relays nothing. Help it's going to snow ere in about 3 hours!!!
  2. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

also the ignition wire is hot wires right now to eliminate that also if I pull thenrelays out andstick them back in they click right away
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I havent been able to find any schamtics from hiniker with just one orange wire going to the solenoid. everything i find has a wire with a diode coming off the orange wire and jumping to the 2nd small terminal and then to ground at the battery.

Check for power on the orange wire when you hit a function on the controller. You should also be able to run a jumper wire from the base of the solenoid to ground on the battery.

As for the relays clicking when you plug them in, they should since you have thyem wired to a constant hot. really should get that to a keyed hot though since the controller will draw power even when its off.