1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help have a wiring question for an old E-47

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ogill2783, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ogill2783

ogill2783 Junior Member

I was wondering if there is a cheaper and faster way to replace the wiring from the motor back as i have a bad power wire. i really don't want to wait to have to order one. was wondering if i could use a wiring kit they sell at the truck stop to wire in big inverters or use and old set of jumper cables.

2. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Its nothing special-just wire. The heavier the gauge the better. If you make it yourself make sure whatever connections you put on the ends are tight and will stay that way. Local parts stores around here carry various lengths of cable with same or a different end on each.

3. ogill2783

ogill2783 Junior Member

well found wire with ends already on them from T.S.C. spent the last half an hour changing them all and it still just clicks! for all the money i have put into this i could have bought me a brand new pump system!

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Sounds like you have a bad solenoid, i just replaced one a few hours ago, I tested it with an old starter solenoid, when i found out it was bad i installed my spare and now it works perfect.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You would have to replace 1/2 the wires on the truck to match the price of even a rebuilt E-47 pump. Next time ask before you start replacing parts. We will help you, and save you money if we can.We are here for you brother!

6. ogill2783

ogill2783 Junior Member

thanks everyone for the help but think its time to bring in a pro to help my dads coming down next weekend for xmas and hes been a plow man for ever still plows snow with the 79 ford f250 custom my grandfather bought new (also has a 04 f250 with a boss V blade). i replaced the solenoid with one from meyers and still just clicks so dad said he has a spare set up he will bring down and trade me. Again thanks for all the help.