1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Ground clearance issue

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lawnscapes07, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Lawnscapes07

Lawnscapes07 Junior Member
    from Utah

I just put a ultra mount on a 93 F-350 and hooked up 8' pro straight blade and it sunk the front end down a lot, I have about 4-5 inches of ground clearance from the bottom of the ultra mount...

what's my best option here? HD leaf springs? Timbrens? air bags? bigger tires?

Thanks,

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Springs and air bags.

3. Lawnscapes07

from Utah

Where the best (lowest price) to buy them?

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

that truck has a dana 60 front axle from the factory and heavy duty 2 leaf springs. for that truck to be sagging as much as you describe, i would suspect it has a broken spring. they can develop cracks at the spring perch, in which case you are riding around on only one leaf. i've never seen a F350 from that era with a sagging issue as you describe. sagging springs is very common on the F250's with the dana 50 axle, but not the F350s.

i would inspect your current springs very closely and replace if broken. then put on a third spring, known as an add-a-leaf. timbrens or airbags are not necesary on these trucks and would only mask a potential problem. an add-a-leaf is also known as a leveling kit and adds about an inch of lift. i would also seriously consider poly leaf spring bushings. i can gauarentee yours are shot and new bushings alone would bring back another inch of lift. see this thread for more details, particularly post # 74 for pics, and post # 86 for the add-a-leaf information.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=91106

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I read that wrong. Thought it was a 150. My.bad

6. Lawnscapes07

from Utah

Thanks for the great detailed information! I am going to order some HD 3 leaf springs for the front end. The leaf springs right now are actually beyond flat and dip slightly below the axle