1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Getting truck plow ready for the season

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Itsdoubletime, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

Hi am new to the business I have a 2000 ford f250 super duty I am just wondering if someone can mayb give me a complete check list of everything I should go over to make sure my truck is ready for the season . Or any upgrades I might want to do to the leaf springs shocks or any thing else for that matter just want to take every precaution I can to avoid breaking down any insight would be helpfull thanks sincerely
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Ball joints, brakes, belts, hoses, tires, bearings, alternator, batteries, fuses, wiring, fluids changed-this includes the drivetrain, shocks, springs, spring shackles, plow lights, trip springs, hydraulic hoses, cutting edges, electrical connections, plow controls, tow strap/chain, work beacons, a few spare parts for your truck and plow and a few tools to install them. That ought to keep you busy for a few days and all of that needs to be done before the snow flies. Fortunately its only July and you've got a few months in case you need to buy parts. Good luck!
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ball joints, ball joints, ball joints. Oh did I say ball joints. Also Front hub/bearing assembly, front axle U-joints (get the spicer ones from Jeffs Graveyard parts) SPL 55-3x with no zerk (stronger) if you replace them.
    Front sway bar end link bushings.
    Check all driveshaft U-joints. The front driveshaft likes to rust.
    You did not state what you have for an engine.