1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help getting new contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Oompa, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Oompa

Oompa Junior Member

I have been hitting the pavement hard trying to drum up business I recently bid on 6 hotels and could beat the other guys price he was charging so low I could not beat it. My buddy stated he is probably working for beer money. On other bids I have done I can not get the people to say yes or no it seems they are waiting to see if it snows and I do not want to wait for last minute phone calls. Any help on how to get the businees would be appreciated this is my second yr doing this I had one big contract last year but he called last minute and I believe he is going to do that again this year.
  2. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i always keep calling and emailing until they give me an answer, persistence pays off i've always noticed.

tough call in your area though, you guys don't get much snow do you?
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Alot of people are waiting till the last min this year.
    Keep calling and tell them you need to know ASAP or you may not be able to service them this year due to customers that got on the list early.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well Kentucky is not the snow capital of the world, so it's going to take a storm to get them to commit to anything
  5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Keep calling

Being in Louisville myself, let me tell you that clients will commit and will commit early. All of clients are set and ready to go. All the advice you have received here is accurate no matter where you live. The key to closing in sales is to keep calling.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 499-7841 and I will try to help you any way I can. I realize we are in the same market but there is plenty of work available for everyone.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
  6. Oompa

Oompa Junior Member

Thanks wayne might hav to take you up on that offer we have two trucks fully loaded with no one willing to commit thanks for the help. Also how do you bid the parking lots is their a science to calculating salt and how long it will take to plow?
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We offer a snow & ice estimator that will calculate time and material based on the square footage, type of equipment you are using and the level of difficulty of the lot. It is an excel spreadsheet format and you simply fill in the blanks.

Give me a call on Friday if I can help you. I will offer you help regardless. You do not need to buy our product. You can also stop by our office and I will be happy to show you how simple it is to use.