1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help. Frontline / K2 plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by oleasten, Dec 8, 2013.

1. oleasten

oleasten Junior Member
    from norway

Hello, new to the forum. Iam Ole from Norway, Europe.

I was wondering to buy a Frontier plow from snowplowsonline, for my 2012 vw amarok pickup.

Have some of you any experience or thoughts about this product. The frontier or the K2 plow.

It seems like a reasonable price on them.

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Junk, watch the video. You can hear the damn thing rattle when it's even on the ground.
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Commercial use. Are they serious. One hard snow bank and there will be bent parts. It is fast though. I guess it would be fast because it is light weight.
  4. oleasten

oleasten Junior Member
    from norway

What would you recommend to buy, just gone plow some driveway's. Would like to have full hydraulic and a nice price. I have looked att the sno-way 22 series poly blade. But it is a stiff price on it in Norway. USD: 13.200.
  5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

What else is around?

At those prices just get a nice big snow blower. They plow you showed us is the cheapest thing I have ever seen and I'm being completely honest.
  6. MikeJee

MikeJee Member

The frame constructed with coat hangers, bubble gum, and office chair wheels seems very durable. Worth the 12 dollars any day...oh wait it's $1200.
  7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Norway, huh? There's got to be local plow manufacturers who can do better prices than importing from the US....
    But yeah, avoid that plow like the plague. Mounting a plow on a single 2" receiver hitch is guaranteed to work out badly. Plowing has a lot of side-to-side force, the 2" receiver will bend very easily.

No honest 7' plow will weigh in at only 200 pounds. The very first specification you need to look at is the weight. For that size of plow, if its NOT OVER about 350 pounds, its crap.

And sadly, a decent 7' plow will run in the range of 3-5 THOUSAND USD.
  8. tmcmurran

tmcmurran Junior Member
    from Canada

Duuno, I have one and I push a road and drive way over 3/4 of a mile in the sub arctic without so much as a hitch. Mount needs to be beefed up by I have pushed over a foot of snow in a single run with no issues.